- Posts by Miriam J. ManberAssociate
Miriam J. Manber is a trial lawyer with experience litigating commercial contract, employment, and civil rights matters. She handles cases at all stages of litigation, and has won numerous favorable outcomes for her clients, large ...
On May 13, 2020, the Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down that state’s stay-at-home order—not because the medical advice to stay home had changed in any way, but because the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, when promulgating the stay-at-home rule, did not properly adhere to the emergency rule procedures provided by statute. Although not every state has statutes like Wisconsin’s that prescribe specific procedures for enacting emergency orders, lawsuits challenging stay-at-home orders have been filed around the country, including in Florida, Michigan, New ...
- Public Nuisance: A New Theory of Liability for Employee COVID Claims
- New York Forward Loan Fund
- Employee Lawsuit Claiming Unsafe Workplace Dismissed
- Face Coverings in the Workplace
- Lessons from Recent Challenges to States’ Stay At-Home Orders
- Coronavirus Exposure – Testing Your Liability during the Pandemic
- Furlough: Friend or Foe? Top 5 Considerations before Furlough