Rose is an employment lawyer whose practice primarily focuses on two main areas (advice and counseling, and employment law and related litigation) that use a wide-range of skills from employment law to assist clients in navigating complex employment matters in the workplace.
Advice and Counseling
Rose represents and counsels employers on a wide variety of state, federal, and local law matters ranging from general employment issues to contractual and civil rights issues. This includes reviewing and drafting employee handbooks, workplace policies, and employment and separation agreements. Rose also advises employers about: best employment practices; workplace investigations; personnel decisions, hiring, discipline, and termination; compliance with wage and hour laws; assessing leave of absence and disability accommodation requests; and various state, federal, and local laws and regulations, such as paid and unpaid leave. Rose provides advice to employers to help them prevent and avoid litigation and agency enforcement proceedings, including claims related to discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Additionally, Rose investigates internal reports of discrimination and harassment.
Employment Law & Related Litigation
Rose also defends employers in various employment disputes in both federal and state courts, as well as before administrative agencies. Rose has extensive experience handling all aspects of employment litigation, including discovery, drafting pleadings, briefs, motions, and interviewing and preparing witnesses and expert witnesses. Most recently, Rose has defended employers in cases involving workplace discrimination, employee discipline and termination, wage and hour disputes, and whistleblower claims.
Prior to joining HNRK, Rose worked as a Labor & Employment Associate at Nixon Peabody LLP, where she worked on a wide array of labor and employment matters, including complex arbitrations and investigations. Before Nixon Peabody, Rose was an Associate at Ingerman Smith, LLP where she represented public sector and municipal employers.
- Conducted workplace investigations into allegations of sexual harassment and discrimination for private and public employers
- Provides ongoing employment law counseling to avoid litigation, and assists clients with drafting and updating employee handbooks and related policies, and employment and separation agreements for high-level administrative employees
- Successfully mediated and settled a potential class action lawsuit involving federal and NY state wage and hour claims against a home health aide services employer
- Successfully defeated a motion for a preliminary injunction concerning the termination of an employee
- Litigated an arbitration matter involving the termination of a contractual employee
- Bar of the State of New York
- Bar of the State of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
St. John’s University School of Law (J.D. 2016)
- Cum Laude
- Associate Managing Editor, St. John’s Law Review and the Journal of Catholic Legal Studies
- Magna Cum Laude and Honors