Terrence Zhang is a litigator with experience in commercial disputes and international regulatory compliance matters, including the areas of white-collar crime, corporate compliance, government and internal investigations, economic sanctions and export control.
Prior to joining Hoguet Newman Regal & Kenney, Terrence was an associate at White & Case LLP in Beijing, China, where he worked on international anti-corruption investigations and cross-border commercial litigation matters. Before that, he worked in the Integrity Vice Presidency unit of the World Bank, investigating and analyzing World Bank-financed projects to identify cases of misconduct. During law school, Terrence was a law clerk of the Disclosure Unit in the United States Office of Special Counsel in Washington, D.C.
- Alliance of Securities and Financial Educators, Alumni Board of Advisors
- Represented a Swiss commodity trading and mining company in a criminal litigation regarding allegations of fraudulent customs declaration and smuggling.
- Advised a German manufacturing company in a series of internal investigations into allegations of fraud, bribery and conflicts of interest.
- Represented multinational banks in complex cross-border litigation regarding copyright and trademark infringement issues.
- Represented board of directors of U.S.-listed companies in internal investigations regarding allegations of financial fraud, commercial bribery and misconduct.
- Represented companies and individuals in connection with third-party subpoenas and inquiries from the SEC.
- Advised private equity funds and investment banks on anti-corruption and compliance due diligence in connection with investment opportunities and compliance reviews on portfolio companies.
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- Bar of the State of New York (pending)
George Washington University Law School (J.D. 2017)
- The President's Volunteer Service Award
- Pro Bono Service Award for outstanding work in the public interest
University of Delaware (M.B.A. 2012)
- MBA merit scholarship
The University of International Relations (B.A. 2007)
- University Honors