Fiona maintains a broad litigation practice representing financial institutions, retail companies, stock exchanges, real estate moguls, law firms, healthcare facilities, and individuals in a wide variety of matters including civil and criminal litigation, white collar investigations, and arbitrations.
Fiona received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in December 2017, where she served as an Associate Editor for the Michigan Journal of Gender and Law. At Michigan Law, Fiona had the opportunity to serve as a supervised attorney for both human trafficking survivors and United States veterans in matters ranging from negotiations with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to child custody battles in Detroit family court. She received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Richmond in 2011, where she majored in Rhetoric and Communication Studies and won a significant leadership award for her campus activism.
Prior to joining Hoguet Newman, Fiona worked as a Litigation Associate at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, where she worked on a broad range of commercial litigation matters.
- Obtained winning verdict on behalf of real estate mogul in arbitration to resolve joint venture contract dispute.
- Obtained winning verdict on behalf of internationally renowned law firm in fee dispute arbitration involving malpractice allegations.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of small financial company in TCPA action brought against it as potential class action.
- Obtained default judgment resulting from motion for sanctions, on behalf of major retail company bringing suit against competitor for trademark infringement under the Lanham Act.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of Fortune 500 company in connection with international SEC investigation into revenue reporting.
- Obtained green card eligibility for individual client with successful petition filed pursuant to the Violence Against Women Act.
- Represented senior real estate executive in high-profile criminal mortgage fraud case brought by the USAO in WDNY.
- Represented stock exchange in ongoing cutting-edge litigation brought against it by class of plaintiffs alleging market manipulation resulting from high-frequency trading.
- Bar of the State of New York
University of Richmond (B.A. 2011)
- Cum Laude
University of Michigan Law School (J.D. 2017)
- Dean's Scholarship
- Certificate of Merit