Julian S. Brod is a trial and appellate lawyer who represents businesses and individuals in complex commercial, white collar, and employment matters.
Julian received his J.D., cum laude, from Boston University School of Law and his B.A. in English Language and Literature from Oxford University. Before joining Hoguet Newman Regal & Kenney, Julian served as a law clerk to the Honorable William V. Gallo of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California and was also an associate at a firm in New York City.
Federal Bar Council, Programming Committee, Member
- Program Coordinator: “Legal Ethics for Social Media,” Daniel Patrick Moynihan U.S. Courthouse, June 7, 2018
- Represented son of former New York State Senate Majority Leader in four-week public corruption trial in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented minority shareholders in international restaurant brand at trial in derivative action in the Commercial Division of the Supreme Court, New York County.
- Represented well-known media personality against defamation and breach of contract claims in the Southern District of New York.
- Part of HNRK team that conducted internal investigation at a NYSE-listed financial institution.
- Represented individual witness in Department of Justice investigation into a major U.S. bank.
- Represented clients on appeal from criminal convictions in New York state courts.
- Drafted brief in opposition to petition for writ of certiorari in U.S. Supreme Court in a case challenging Second Circuit precedent on standing and burden shifting framework for architectural barrier claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
News & Insights
- Non-Compete Blog, 01.02.2018
- Bar of the State of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Law clerk to the Hon. William V. Gallo of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Oxford University (B.A. 2006)
Boston University School of Law (J.D. 2013)
- cum laude