Kathleen Lowden’s practice focuses on employment matters on behalf of both employees and employers, and also includes general commercial litigation. She advises employers on compliance with federal, state, and local employment statutes. She has defended mass transit agencies, as well as other U.S. and foreign defendants, in suits by employees alleging sex, race, and disability discrimination, civil rights violations, violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act, and violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act. She has also participated in cases involving inter alia, breach of contract, commercial torts, defamation, corporate and partnership issues, and civil RICO.
Kathleen joined Hoguet Newman Regal & Kenney after having served as in-house counsel at an advertising agency, as well as an associate at firms in New York and Massachusetts. She is fluent in French.
News & Insights
- 01.04.2019Media Mention
- New York Law Journal, 08.16.2018Publication
- HNRK Obtains Summary Judgment on Discrimination and Retaliation Claims in a Significant Win for Employers07.17.2018News
- COVID-19 Blog, 06.01.2020
- Bar of the State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
New York University (B.A. 1978)
- cum laude
New York University School of Law (J.D. 1985)
- Review of Law and Social Change