Lillian Khoury joined Hoguet Newman Regal & Kenney in 2019. Previously, Lillian was an associate at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP and King & Spalding LLP, where she represented clients in investor-State and international commercial arbitrations before all major arbitral forums, including ICSID, ICC, AAA/ICDR, and JAMS, as well as arbitrations conducted under UNCITRAL Rules and the Energy Charter Treaty. Her practice focuses on complex disputes in the energy, construction, telecommunications, and pharmaceutical sectors. She also has significant experience in the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA) and the New York Convention.
Lillian received her J.D. from Boston College Law School, where she was an Inaugural Clough Public Interest Law Fellow and served as an editor of the Boston College International and Comparative Law Review. She received her master’s degree from the Université Paris 1 (Panthéon-Sorbonne) and the Ecole Normale Supérieure (Ulm) in Paris, France, and her B.A. from Harvard University.
Lillian maintains an active pro bono practice in refugee and asylum law, and in advising non-profit organizations and corporations on compliance with international business and human rights obligations.
New York Super Lawyers "Super Lawyer" in General Litigation, 2020
- Program Committee Member and Special Aide of the 111th Annual Meeting of the American Society of International Law (ASIL)
- Member of the Young International Arbitration Practitioners of New York
“Investment Arbitration under Multilateral Treaties in the Middle East,” BCDR International Arbitration Review Vol. 3, No. 2 (December 2016) (co-authored with Caline Mouawad)
News & Insights
- Bar of the State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Harvard University (B.A. 2010)
- Williams-Lodge International Government and Public Affairs Research Fellow
- Weatherhead Center for International Affairs Undergraduate Associate
Université Paris 1 (Panthéon-Sorbonne) and the Ecole Normale Supérieure (Ulm) (M.A., with High Honors, 2011)
Boston College Law School (J.D. 2015)
- Boston College International and Comparative Law Review
- Inaugural Clough Public Interest Law Fellow
- Arabic, French