Bonnie Trunley is a litigator with extensive experience in commercial litigation and internal investigations. Her experience includes proceedings in both state and federal courts involving contract disputes, commercial torts, securities law violations, and class action defense. She has participated in all stages of litigation, including drafting pleadings, motion practice, and handling all aspects of discovery.
Prior to joining Hoguet Newman Regal & Kenney in 2022, Bonnie was a litigation associate at Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP, where she represented financial institutions in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters and internal investigations, and where she also gained experience conducting due diligence on litigation risks related to major corporate transactions.
- Successfully defended a major financial institution in litigation alleging securities fraud.
- Represented a financial institution in state court litigation involving matters of first impression concerning the legality of the secondary market for life insurance policies.
- Represented a major financial institution in connection with fraud and other commercial tort claims arising out of an international Ponzi scheme.
- Conducted internal investigation on behalf of a rating agency in connection with SEC whistleblower allegations.
- Conducted cross-border FCPA internal investigation on behalf of a financial services company seeking potential acquisition of asset based in India.
- Conducted cross-border internal investigation on behalf of a major financial institution concerning regulatory reporting requirements.
- Represented multiple financial institutions in connection with responding to third-party subpoenas issued by the SEC.
- Bar of the State of New York
- Bar of the State of New Jersey
- District Court for the Southern District of New York
- District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Clark University (B.A. 2013)
- Summa Cum Laude
Clark University (M.P.A. 2014)
Georgetown University Law Center (J.D. 2017)
- American Criminal Law Review, Executive Editor