Insurance Recovery Litigation & Counseling
Representing policyholders exclusively, HNRK’s insurance recovery lawyers have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. We have delivered successful outcomes at every level of the federal and state courts in New York and many other jurisdictions, as well as in numerous arbitrations, administrative proceedings, mediations, and negotiated settlements. As recognized leaders of the policyholder bar, our attorneys are frequently asked to write and speak on current insurance issues and to assume leadership positions in national and local insurance-related bar organizations and committees. Policyholders both large and small, in all types of industries, trust HNRK to protect their insurance interests in a wide variety of coverage matters.
Our experience with virtually every type of insurance allows us to represent policyholders expertly and efficiently. For our corporate clients, we approach all insurance issues as business concerns that may impact the ability of the client to meet its goals. HNRK advises on insurance issues in corporate transactions and counsels clients on the terms and placement of policies and the coordination of insurance programs. HNRK also looks for, and often creatively finds, coverage under insurance policies that may otherwise be underutilized. Put simply, our goal is to maximize the value of our clients’ corporate and individual insurance assets.
- Major manufacturer of agrichemical products in arbitration concerning insurance coverage in excess of $700 million brought in connection with settlements that resolved thousands of claims brought by farmers and grain distributors arising from the client’s sale of a product rejected by a foreign country.
- Major manufacturer of agrichemical products in insurance coverage litigation concerning more than $170 million, against scores of under pre-1986 policies in connection with nationwide class action products liability claims alleging our client’s herbicide product contaminated water sources for over 50 years.
- Major distributor of flavor and fragrance products in insurance coverage litigation, obtaining reimbursement of past payments and reallocation of pending and future cost-sharing arrangements relating to numerous personal-injury claims against our client.
- Transformer recycling company following the catastrophic destruction of its operating facility by fire, obtaining 100 percent recovery of policy limits for business interruption, property damage, and environmental liability in negotiations with insurers.
- Owners of several prominent hotels and restaurants in litigation with their insurers and the Consolidated Edison Company of New York concerning business interruption losses arising from Superstorm Sandy.
- Apparel firm in connection with its claim for insurance coverage arising from the conversion of the client’s merchandise.
- Upscale, national eatery in connection with a claim for coverage for business interruption loss arising out of an alleged salmonella outbreak
- New York City casino in a cutting-edge claim for coverage for business interruption loss resulting from Superstorm Sandy.
- Assignee of insurance coverage rights under an executive liability insurance policy seeking coverage and bad faith damages arising from an underlying matter seeking tens of millions of dollars in damages.
- Food processing company in connection with claims for insurance coverage arising from tainted beef products.
- Public agency in connection with a claim for insurance coverage under a cyber-liability insurance policy.
News & Insights
News & Insights
- The Fate of Pro Rata Allocation In Long-Tail Claims Governed By New York Law in the Wake of Viking Pump: Hold A Viking Funeral or Pump the Brakes?Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, 08.12.2018Publication
- Bloomberg Law Insights, 02.12.2018Publication
- Josh Blosveren Moderates Panel Presentation at the ABA's Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section Annual Conference04.27.2017News
- ABA Section of Litigation Insruance Coverage Litigation Committee, 03.01.2017Publication
- HNRK Strengthens Services of Insurance Coverage Litigation & Counseling Practice; Firm Welcomes Partner Andrew N. Bourne05.05.2015News