Connor Shea is a litigator with experience in commercial litigation, securities litigation, internal investigations, and white-collar criminal defense matters. His experience includes proceedings in both state and federal courts involving contract disputes, commercial torts, securities law violations, and class action defense. He has participated in all phases of litigation, including trials, drafting pleadings, motion practice, and handling all aspects of discovery.
Prior to joining Hoguet Newman Regal & Kenney in 2023, Connor was a litigation associate at Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP and Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C. where he represented individuals and institutional clients in a variety of complex litigation matters.
- Represented a major biotechnology company and its officers against Section 10(b) claims and Section 11 claims.
- Represented a biotechnology company in connection with an SEC investigation that resulted in the closing of the SEC investigation without action.
- Secured a unanimous jury verdict in New York State Supreme Court on behalf of an investment banker client after a decade-long battle with his former fiancée over an investment property.
- Represented the co-founder of an international finance firm charged in SDNY in connection with an alleged $100MM+ scheme to defraud investors by overvaluing and creating fake loans.
- Performed internal investigations for various companies in the financial services, manufacturing, and biotechnology industries.
- Bar of the State of New York
- District Court for the Southern District of New York
- District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Georgetown University Law Center (J.D. 2019)
St. John’s University (B.A. 2015, M.A. 2016)
- Magna cum laude