Lorrette Fisher is an experienced litigator who has handled all aspects of litigation, including pleadings, discovery (including taking and defending dozens of fact and expert witness depositions), motion practice, and settlement negotiations.
Prior to joining HNRK, Lorrette represented plaintiffs in Federal and State courts nationally in toxic tort matters. Lorrette also clerked for a New York State Supreme Court Justice, where she worked on a wide variety of civil matters including employment discrimination, medical malpractice, labor law, Article 81 guardianships, real estate foreclosures, personal injury, and Mental Hygiene Law Article 9 proceedings. Previously, Lorrette served as a strategist and marketing manager at a multinational digital advertising agency, whose clients included major beverage, fast casual, and cosmetics companies.
- New York Metro Super Lawyers “Rising Star” 2021-2022
- FACES NY, Board Member
- Successfully briefed and argued oppositions to motions for summary judgment in Federal Court in Pennsylvania in case against major aircraft, aircraft engine, and other aircraft component manufacturers in case alleging military exposure to harmful chemical components in aircraft.
- Successfully briefed and argued oppositions to motions for summary judgment against major public utility and electrical equipment manufacturers in New Jersey State Court in case alleging a subcontractor’s exposure to harmful chemicals and equipment on the utility’s premises.
- Obtained favorable outcomes on oppositions to several motions to dismiss in Federal Court in Nevada against major aircraft, aircraft engine, and other aircraft component manufacturers in case alleging overseas exposure to harmful chemical components in aircraft.
- Attained temporary injunction against major public utility and prevented the pending sale of the subject property, based on utility’s ongoing discovery violations.
- Prevented disclosure of financial records by successfully briefing and arguing oppositions to major motor vehicle manufacturers’ motion to compel disclosure of the records in New York State court.
- Bar of the State of New York
- Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D. 2013)
- Cum Laude
- Scholar in Law Award (merit-based full-tuition scholarship)
- Washington University Journal of Law and Policy, Editorial Board - Primary Editor
Vassar College (B.A. 2009)
- Merit-based full-tuition scholarship
- Varsity Squash – Awarded 2007 Seven Sisters Squash All-Tournament Team Trophy