Amory McAndrew is an employment lawyer and commercial litigator recently named a “Woman Worth Watching” for her professional and community achievements.
Amory counsels employers in best practices on employment law matters, including reviewing and drafting employee handbooks and policies, hiring and termination, compliance with wage and hour laws, assessing employee accommodation requests to ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and preventing discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims. She also investigates internal reports of discrimination and harassment. In addition, Amory represents executives in negotiating employment and separation agreements.
Drawing on her experience as a private company director and businesswoman, Amory represents large, small and startup businesses. She is currently acting as the primary outside counsel for a technology consulting firm, and she often advises clients in the retail and fashion industries.
As a commercial litigator, Amory is trial counsel for a medical devices company in a proxy contest. She has handled securities and other business and employment cases.
Amory is spearheading the firm’s women’s initiative, developing strategies to further HNRK’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. She is also plays an active role in several community philanthropic organizations.
Before joining Hoguet Newman Regal & Kenney, Amory was an associate in the commercial litigation practice of Howrey LLP.
Tervis Tumbler, Board of Directors, Audit Committee
Frick Collection, Young Fellows Steering Committee
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Associate’s Committee
New York Presbyterian Hospital, Pediatric Support Committee
Represented a medical device biotherapeutic company in the Eastern District of New York and the Delaware Chancery Court concerning change of control issues
Represented global health services company regarding employment discrimination and retaliation claims in federal court in New York.
Conducted workplace investigations into allegations of sexual harassment and discrimination for private employers.
Counseled private employers regarding litigation avoidance while terminating the employment of executives who are members of protected classes.
Provides ongoing employment law counseling to avoid litigation and assists clients with updating and drafting policies.
Drafts and negotiates a wide variety of agreements on behalf of a large, multistate performing rights organization, asset management and investment companies, and law firms.
Represented employers in front of the New York Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board.
News & Insights
- Randi May and Amory McAndrew Author Byline for New York Law Journal on COVID-19 Obligations for Private Businesses05.24.2022Alert
- Hoguet Newman Regal & Kenney Names Miriam Manber Partner, Amory McAndrew and Steven Silverberg Elevated to Counsel04.07.2022Alert
- Amory McAndrew Quoted in SHRM on Banning Mandatory Arbitration of Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault Claims03.09.2022Alert
- Employers Must Keep Prevention Plans in Place for Another Month, But May Make Masks Optional in the Office02.18.2022Alert
- Amory McAndrew Quoted in Law360 on the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team’s Recent Settlement and Ongoing Pay Discrimination Case12.04.2020Alert
- Amory McAndrew Discusses the Importance of the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team’s Fight for Equality with The Boston Globe05.11.2020Alert
- Randi May and Amory McAndrew Publish Byline in the New York Law Journal on Sexual Harassment Investigations in New York11.04.2019Publication
- 07.09.2019Media Mention
- Randi May and Amory McAndrew Authored Article for Law360 on What Recent New York Wage Laws Mean for EmployersLaw360, 11.09.2018Publication
- Randi May and Amory McAndrew to lead Sexual Harassment Laws Westlaw CLE presentation on October 8th.10.04.2018Alert
- Bar of the State of New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Brown University (B.A. 2003)
Boston University (J.D. 2006)